Tested: Alima Pure Pressed Foundation with Rosehip Antioxidant (Sesame)



I'm a huge fan of pressed powders.  They set my otherwise oil-prone face, they're fuss free, and I can wear them alone on my more makeup-free days.  I also enjoyed Alima Pure's previous loose powder offering but had a huge problem with the mess that it created every time I used it.  I was eager to jump on the new pressed powder so that I could avoid the biggest problem I had with their original product.  I absolutely love this powder and am planning on repurchasing it for a long time to come.


Consistency:  This is a finely milled, pressed powder that blends easily into the skin.  I found that this wasn't as drying as other powders that I've owned.  There is a slight clean scent to the powder.  The refills can be purchased separately and the case is constructed of a sturdy, weighted plastic.  I love the clean, minimalistic feel of the entire product.   This has Mica and Rice Powder as its two top ingredients. The parfum included in the ingredients list is a blend of essential oils according to Alima Pure.


Ingredients:
Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Powder, Zinc Stearate,Tocopherol, Squalane, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Limonene, Dehydroacetic Acid, Linalool, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower Extract,Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Leaf Extract, Rosa Rubiginosa (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Sweet Orange) Peel Oil, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract [+/- CI 77891, CI77491, CI 77492, CI 77499]



Experience:  I've been using this powder on the daily and have enjoyed how quick and easy it gets the job done.  Asides from the compactness of the product, I love the formula that manages to both set my foundation perfectly and avoids the drying nature that some powders possess.  I believe that quality may be attributed to the Sunflower and Evening Primrose oil that is included in the ingredients.  The powder sits comfortably on my skin without accentuating any dry flakes.  I also found that this powder foundation had a light to medium coverage with one layer of product.  I usually wear this over a tinted moisturizer and concealer so most of my blemishes or scars have already been covered.  This powder gives those blemished or scarred areas a bit more coverage and really blends the look together.  I've been wearing this powder out for most of my 10 hour days in downtown LA and have found that it holds up pretty well.  Considering that I am often moving around on those days, this powder kept oil at bay for about 7 hours with a bit of oil showing on my T-zone after that amount of time( and I'm not talking about the grease ball kind).  Overall, I've enjoyed the performance of this product.  I am usually a Beige 2 in the Satin Matte foundation and I picked up Sesame in this formulation which was a perfect match for my skin tone.

You can find the Alima Pure Pressed Foundation with Rosehip Antioxidant : HERE

I used the questions section on their product page to request advice on color matching.  While it took a few days to receive my answer, I would still recommend this service if any of you are in need of advice on what shade to purchase!

Big Love,

Vanessa

1 comment

  1. Hello dear. Can i just compliment you and let you know that you are very pretty. Your blog here is really nice as well and your posts are mostly wonderful. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete