Tested: 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation in Creme , White Peach

100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation L: Crème  R: White Peach

When I started the switch to more non-toxic products, I was wary of the prominence of loose powder formulations in the market.  You see, I don’t have very good history with loose powders and I almost always return these products if I do have a moment of spontaneity and decide to purchase them.  This preference for pressed powder is why I was so ecstatic when I found the 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Powder Foundation.  Let’s just say that this product has far exceeded my expectations since the day I picked it up during my very first trip to 100% Pure.





A little background on me: I have combination skin that is a bit drier during the winter and oilier during the summer.  I am prone to hormonal breakouts and am sensitive to some ingredients (namely rosehip oil).  My skin tone is between fair/pale and light.  I am a neutral undertone and can use yellow undertone foundations but cannot use pink undertone foundations unless I want to look like an orange/pink mess!  For reference, my shade in mainstream foundations is Chanel Perfection Lumiere in B20 and Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in Shell.

Consistency: This is an extremely finely milled powder and it is easy to pick up product using a brush from the pan.  I find that I do need to moisturize well before wearing this powder because it does tend to cling to dry patches if layered on over that dry area.  This is common in all other powders (not non-toxic) that I’ve tried and I don’t usually have an issue with dry patches unless it is a particularly cold winter day.  Once applied, it gives a very airbrushed, flawless finish that I very much appreciate especially when I’m not having a great skin day.

Coverage: Before I continue, I’d like to point out that I usually use this product as a setting powder and not as a stand-alone powder foundation.  I have reason to believe that this would work well as a powder foundation on its own as it has great layering power and you can easily build up the coverage. It covers well by the second layer in case you have any blemishes or scars that need to be covered.  Personally, I’ve been having a few hormonal breakouts and I really put it to the test, as you can see below, in covering up the friend I currently have on my face!

Lasting Power:  I wear this for 10-12 hours every weekday and it holds up very well throughout the day.  My T-zone does get a bit shiny by the end of the day but I do not touch up throughout the day so I do expect to at least see some oil by the end of the night.  It does not give off that dirty/greasy look when it does get less matte on the forehead and nose.  There is no patchiness or break up of product at the end of the day.

L: White Peach (swatched 3 times)    R: Crème (swatched 3 times)

Outdoor lighting, L-side:White Peach, R-side: Crème, Worn over: Linen(Beautycounter Tint Skin), Fair(Beautycounter Touchup Skin Concealer), Lips: Nobody's Baby (Ilia)

Indoor Lighting, L,R sides: White Peach & Crème Mixed, Worn over: Linen(Beautycounter Tint Skin), Fair(Beautycounter Touchup Skin Concealer), Lips: Coquette (100% Pure)

Extra Comments:  I was color-matched to the foundation powder in Crème during my first visit to the 100% Pure store.  I bought it thinking that it was my color as I was in a rush to meet up with friends.  Upon initial application, I realized that Crème was slightly too pale for my skin tone.  The second time I shopped with 100% Pure was online and I placed an order for White Peach, which looked like a good color match online, but ended up being a bit darker than my complexion.  I order almost all of my non-toxic makeup online as it is oftentimes difficult to find the brands I want in physical stores.  I had the same issue for Beautycounter’s concealer and I find that it is just a difficult process to try to color match yourself based off of an image on your screen.  What I do with the 100% Pure powder foundation to combat this shade selection problem is choosing the shade that I want to use that day depending on the shade of liquid foundation that I am using that day.  For example, if my tinted moisturizer is a bit darker than my complexion then I will use Crème and if it is a bit lighter than my complexion I will use White Peach.  If the liquid foundation is a good match, I will use a mixture of Crème and White Peach.  I did speak to a representative from 100% Pure and they do have swatches of their liquid foundations and lipsticks (here).  The struggle is real for us non-toxic makeup consumers and I do hope that these wonderful makeup options will start popping up in more physical stores or that more online shops are willing to send samples before we invest in the full-sized products. 

Also, I have a slight love-hate relationship with this product purely because of the small amount(9g) of product in each pan!  I purchased the first powder around two and a half months ago and have already hit pan. 

Please let me know if I’ve missed any crucial information and I’ll answer your questions down below!  How has your online experience been with shopping for non-toxic products?

You can purchase the 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Healthy Skin Foundation:  HERE
Happy Wednesday!

Yours,


Vanessa

8 comments

  1. Thank you for the great review! I am looking for a good setting powder with light coverage and this seems to fit the bill. By the way, you look great with the foundation on and I see no breakouts! Amazing coverage, and looks so natural on you :) That lip shine is beautiful. Thanks for talking about the problems with buying makeup online - this is one of the MAIN reasons why I'm yet to really buy much of green beauty makeup online...it's so hard to tell if the shades will match. I don't have a 100% Pure shop nearby...any idea if they could look at my pic and then tell me what shade would match me? I think Gressa Skin does this...It would be good if the makeup companies could provide a full refund if the shade doesn't match. I think Gressa provides some samples if you order a full size, and then you can first test the sample for a match. If the sample doesn't match, return the full size for a refund - was that your experience too? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ruhi!
      Thank you, thank you! Believe me the breakouts are there, the powder just does a great job of covering it! I completely agree with you regarding online shopping, it's really difficult to find a good color match and get a good feel for formulation (especially for foundations and concealers). Yes, I believe if you emailcustomerservice@puritycosmetics.com with a clear picture then they do their best to shade match you. I also suggest going directly on their website and using their live chat which is what I used to communicate with them. I always thought the same thing about the full refund! Oftentimes, the companies give you a refund on the product but you always must pay for the return shipping. I shop online often and I'm so used to free shipping and returns from other stores that it irks me when this happens with the non-toxic cosmetic stores. Yes, I've learned that Gressa does color match if you send a photo but I learned that a little after I had already placed an order for the Minimalist Corrective Serum Foundation in 02 and I paid for the return shipping in order to be sent the 01(which I'm currently using). I'm not sure if they include samples because I did not ask for them when I had my exchange processed but I am sure they would have included the samples upon request. I had an amazing experience with their customer service and I'll be reviewing the foundation soon ;) . Thanks for the amazing comment and thanks for reading!!!

      Best,
      Vanessa

      Delete
  2. Hi Vanessa!

    Thanks so much for the email address and the tip to chat them online. I think I might just do that. I am a little tempted to get Tinted Un Powder by RMS Beauty like I mentioned before (mostly due to the packaging...always sucks me in), but I am pretty sure I'll find it easier to use this compact powder by 100% Pure...decisions, decisions...I agree that it's not very helpful to spend $5-10 on return shipping. That's a high price to pay as a % of the overall product price; if green beauty brands want to go more mainstream, they do need to adopt to some more industry wide practices, that include covering the return shipping. Especially since most of these brands have no local brick and mortar stores. Thanks so much for talking a bit more about your Gressa experience - as you might have seen, I got the Kjaer Weis foundation using my giveaway winnings, but I'm REALLY interested in reading about your Gressa review since you have the same skin type as mine!

    And believe me girl, I see no breakouts. Lovely lovely, very natural coverage xx Thanks for the great review!

    Ruhi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, Ruhi, I'm with you 100%. Since almost all of these shops don't have any physical stores, I really think they should all adopt a sampling system perhaps even with free shipping on samples. This will really increase their outreach to potential customers and I truly think it'll benefit them in the long run. Haha, I am the BIGGEST sucker for nice packaging. It gets me every time and I'm sure the RMS Tinted Un powder is a wonderful product(as I've heard all of their products are). It's really nice to see green beauty brands really step up their game on packaging, 100% Pure and RMS both make seriously beautiful products. The review is coming and I'll definitely let you know when! :)
      Best,

      Vanessa

      Delete
  3. Hey I just got this powder a few days back. I was wondering what's the best way to apply? I use a damp beauty blender for the liquid foundation in the same range. Should I use a powder to brush this powder on or the damp beauty blender?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also motivate just about every person to save this web page for any favorite assistance to assist posted the appearance. non toxic nail salon

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Post. I had some Skin care related question, but I get answer in your post. Thanks

    ReplyDelete